Microsoft Releases New Windows Out-of-Band Updates
Microsoft has issued a new batch of Windows out-of-band updates specifically supposed to resolve sign-in failures and other issues related to Kerberos authentication.
The software giant says the whole thing is caused by the November 8 updates, with the issue hitting Windows Servers with the Domain Controller role and Kerberos authentication enabled.
According to Microsoft, the following errors could be encountered:
- Domain user sign in might fail. This also might affect Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) authentication.
- Group Managed Service Accounts (gMSA) used for services such as Internet Information Services (IIS Web Server) might fail to authenticate.
- Remote Desktop connections using domain users might fail to connect.
- You might be unable to access shared folders on workstations and file shares on servers.
- Printing that requires domain user authentication might fail.
Needless to say, the issue i… (read more)
Remember to like our facebook and our twitter @WindowsMode for a chance to win a free Surface Pro every month.