Microsoft to Show Ads in Windows 10 WordPad App
Microsoft is currently experimenting with another ad banner in Windows 10, only a couple of months after the company started advertising the mobile version of Outlook in the Mail app.
This time, the software giant will begin promoting Office Online apps in WordPad, once again using a banner that shows up right below the ribbon.
The experiment was discovered by Rafael Rivera, who said that the software giant was evaluating six different messages that could make their way to WordPad:
• Try Word online for free.
• Try Word for free online.
• Use Word for free online.
• Use Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for free online.
• Try Office for free online.
• Try Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for free online.
These ad banners also include an “Open Word” or “Open Office” button (depending on the displayed message) that presumably loads the browser and points users to the official website of Word online or Office Online, respectively.