Study Shows the World’s Not Ready to Let Windows 7 Go

Microsoft will retire Windows 7 in January 2020, but with around 35 percent of the world’s computers still running it, there’s a good chance a significant number of devices would be left without security patches when the time comes.

Research conducted by Kollective reveals that while 96 percent of the businesses have already started the migration to Windows 10, many are unlikely to complete the process before the January 2020 deadline.

And it’s all because of a series of factors that could slow down the process, including the typical compatibility issues that enterprises might have to deal with.

Earlier this year, Microsoft said that 99 percent of the software running on Windows 7 should also fully support Windows 10, with the company offering assistance for the rest of 1 percent.

Companies not in a rush to update devices

What’s also worrying is that accor… (read more)

Source link
Remember to like our facebook and our twitter @WindowsMode for a chance to win a free Surface Pro tablet every month!

Quick Links: Upgrade To Windows 10 Free |  What Is Windows 10? | Buy Windows 10 | Download Windows 10 Wallpapers | Windows Gaming

Juniya Sankara

Juniya Sankara

I love everything to do with Microsoft Windows, and the new Windows 10 is great so far. I love to spend my time researching on how viruses and bacteria work in my personal lab. I also enjoy history and comics.