Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Hello everyone, you can download Kodi for Windows 11, before you do that, I hope you are all having a great week so far. My day has been great so far and I hope it continues. January has started with a lot more downs than ups I swear, anyone else feel that way? Lol anyway, please read on…
Today we will highlight an awesome app for your Windows PC including Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 7, 8.1 and even Windows XP. I still can’t believe so many people are still stuck on Windows XP. I know it was a great OS, maybe Microsoft’s greatest OS ever but still, it’s very very old, please try to upgrade to at least Windows 7. XP really needs to be retired. Enough about my little rant. The app we will showcase is known as Kodi. It is one of the best Media Centers/Media Players for Windows. So why is this app still popular? well for one, Kodi truly excels in providing an all-in-one media experience, enabling users to easily organize and enjoy their favorite movies, TV shows, and music. With its customizable interface and extensive library of add-ons, it’s no wonder Kodi has become a must-have app these days and you will see from the screenshots and the included installation video that this app is actually quiet useful.
Table of Contents
Install Kodi on Windows
What Is Kodi?
Kodi media center, formerly known as XBMC Media Center, is an award-winning free and open source cross-platform software media player and entertainment hub for digital media for HTPCs (Home theater PCs).
It uses a 10-foot user interface designed to be a media player for the living-room, using a remote control as the primary input device. Its graphical user interface (GUI) allows the user to easily browse and view videos, photos, podcasts, and music from a hard drive, optical disc, local network, and the internet using only a few buttons.
- Extensive Library Support: Kodi supports a wide range of media formats, including video, audio, and image files. This means you can play virtually any media file without needing additional codecs or plugins.
- Add-ons and Customization: Kodi offers a vast library of add-ons and plugins, allowing you to enhance its functionality and tailor the experience to your preferences. Add-ons include streaming services, subtitle providers, and various tools to help manage your media library.
- User-friendly Interface: Kodi’s interface is both visually appealing and easy to navigate, making it simple for users of all experience levels to manage and enjoy their media content. The interface can also be customized with different skins to match your personal style.
- Metadata and Artwork: Kodi automatically fetches metadata and artwork for your media files, providing a visually rich experience when browsing through your content. This includes information like movie posters, plot summaries, cast details, and more.
- Live TV and PVR Support: Kodi can be used as a Live TV and Personal Video Recorder (PVR) solution, enabling you to watch and record live television from various sources, such as over-the-air broadcasts, cable, or satellite. With compatible PVR add-ons, you can schedule recordings, manage your TV channels, and even pause or rewind live TV.
Kodi PC Requirements
OS: Windows 7, Windows 10 and Windows 11, should be 64-bit if possible.
HD: At least 20 GB of free space.