Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Hello everyone, you can download Against the Storm for Windows 11 and experience playing a modern city building and base building strategy game in a dark fantasy world whether everything isn’t as it seems.
Table of Contents
How to install Against the Storm on Windows
In order to install this game on your Windows OS whether that be Windows 11 or Windows 10, just follow the instructions below.
- Choose where you want to download the game from:
- Once you are done downloading it, click the Against the Storm icon on your desktop or start menu and enjoy.
How is the gameplay?
Once you have the downloading out of the way, you can read more about the game and see if the game is worth the hype. Let me be the first to tell you that it IS worth the hype! It’s no secret that I love city building and RTS games so this game definitely brought back memories of games likes Rise of Nations(I loved this game way too much) and Northgard and many others. Anyway, so this game sort of reminded me of those games especially since the graphics as you will see are not all that impressive, I mean don’t get me wrong, for the type of game it is, a dark fantasy world, it works perfectly and these graphics make sense and it is also why even an old computer running Windows 7 can actually run this game with pretty low requirements, I would NOT recommend playing it on a Windows 7 machine but I am just trying to make a point that the game is not that resource intensive, at least not yet but as the game grows I am sure it will add on more weight so to say.
So I loaded it up and yeah, I was loving it from the start, the game combines roguelike elements, roguelike elements basically means the game generates a lot of random things including maps, enemies, environments, weapons etc so that each game is truly unique. Along with colony building, where players strategically manage a diverse population like beavers and lizards, each with their own needs the game also challenges you with changing seasons, particularly rain that affects morale and productivity but you do get some summer months so to say where you are able to do things a big better but it doesn’t last long lol.
Th most important thing I would say when you play resource management, building construction, and establishing efficient production chains for essentials like food otherwise the game will get hard on you in a split second and you won’t even understand what is going on, yes I am talking from experience, eish! Progression in the game is based on completing missions and managing a ‘doom timer’ linked to a Queen’s impatience so make sure you are thinking of the future when you are building your bases and colonies as well, not just for the moment.
- Deep city building: Manage resources, research technologies, and carefully plan layouts to ensure your citizens thrive against constant rain and storms.
- Intriguing survival mechanics: Adapt to dynamic weather patterns, face resource scarcity, and defend against hostile creatures and raiders for a constant challenge.
- Diverse factions and playstyles: Each civilization offers unique traits, units, and technologies, providing different approaches to tackling the harsh environment.
- Steep learning curve: The complex systems and intricate resource management can be overwhelming for new players.
- Repetitive mid-game: While early and late-game stages offer significant challenges, the mid-game can feel less exciting once basic needs are met.
- Limited endgame content: Once you master the core gameplay loop, there might not be enough long-term challenges to keep you engaged.
Let us know in the comments what you think about this game if you decide to try it, don’t be shy.
What is Against the Storm game About?
Against the Storm is a city building, base building real time strategy game where you become a Viceroy(Commander/King/Queen), tasked with leading diverse races of beavers, lizards, and humans to establish and expand settlements. Each storm brings challenges, from resource scarcity to monstrous attacks, but also opportunities for growth and advancement. You’ll manage resource chains, research tech to unlock new buildings and units, and guide your people through the perilous cycle of rain, ruin, and rebuilding. In this roguelite city builder, death isn’t the end, but a chance to learn and improve, carrying valuable knowledge into your next attempt to conquer the storm and build a thriving civilization. With its unique blend of city building, resource management, and roguelite elements.
Against the Storm Features:
- Roguelite City Builder: Each playthrough is unique with procedurally generated maps, random events, and permanent meta-progression.
- Diverse Races: Lead humans, beavers, lizards, harpies, and foxes, each with their own strengths, weaknesses, and building preferences.
- Network of Settlements: Build and manage multiple settlements across the map to expand your reach and resource production.
- Cycle of Storms: Weather the harsh seasons, each bringing unique challenges and opportunities for growth.
- Resource Management: Gather, refine, and trade resources to keep your people fed, healthy, and happy.
- Tech Research: Unlock new buildings, units, and abilities to improve your civilization.
- Event System: Respond to random events that can help or hinder your progress.
- Perks and Traits: Customize your Viceroy with unique perks and traits to fit your playstyle.
- Daily Challenges: Test your skills with new objectives each day.
- Mod Support: Customize your experience with community-made mods.
Against the Storm Gameplay Video
Against the Storm Gameplay Screenshots
Against the Storm PC Requirements
- Minimum OS: Windows 10 64-Bit or Windows 11 64-Bit
- CPU: Intel Core i3-530 or better
- RAM: 8 GB RAM or more
- HDD: 20 GB HD space(SSD recommended)
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4 GB) / AMD Radeon R9 290X (4 GB) or better
- DirectX: Requires DirectX 12 compatible system or better
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible