Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Hello everyone, you can download Cities: Skylines 2 for Windows 11 and experience playing the second installment of this popular city building simulation that comes with an deeper urban planning system, transport system and living economy. Let’s find out if it’s worth your time.
Table of Contents
How to install Cities: Skylines 2 on Windows
In order to install this game on your Windows OS whether that be Windows 11 or Windows 10, just follow the instructions below.
- Choose where you want to download the game from:
- Once you are done downloading it, click the Cities: Skylines 2 icon on your desktop or start menu and enjoy.
Once you have the downloading out of the way, you can read more about the game and see if the game is worth the hype. Well, to start off with, I love simulation games, especially games like this where you get to create your own city and manage the people in it, I was happy as heck when Cities Skylines 2 was announced way back in 2018, maybe even before that but I remember it was getting buzz already back then, and finally after releasing City Skylines the original in 2015, about 8 years later, they finally released the 2nd version of the game and to be honest, I think they took WAY too long, we cannot be taking 10 years to release a new game smh, max should be like 3-4 years, yes this is just my opinion and I know a lot of you game developers will disagree with me but anyway, back to the game.
The game looks absolutely great, it does require you to have a decent PC with at least 8GB ram and 8GB video memory as a bare minimum to truly enjoy this game if you have that, then you are all set. Those of you with lower end PCs can still play the game but expect it to be slow here and there as it processes the huge maps and all the little things in the background.
I also love the deep transportation system. You can create a complex network of roads, railways, and bus lines to keep your city moving. You can also use a variety of vehicles, including cars, buses, trains, and even trams. The transportation system is very realistic and it can be a challenge to keep everything running smoothly and it is actually where I spent most of my time, I have only had the game for about 2 weeks total now. So I will give you all new people to this franchise a hint, get the transportation right or the game can get frustrating!! Just like Cities Skylines 1, the transport system can make or break the game for most people because you need to get this working the right way or your citizens will get frustrated and luckily Cities Skylines 2 has made this a bit easier with zone management but still, pay attention to this part of the game, another hint, make sure you place the taxis at important sections of your city.
Another thing I love of course is the modding community, this is actually what made me buy this game and most PC games actually. I love mods and Cities Skylines 2 mod community is one of the best out there, they already have tons of mods from community members out there that will make the game feel new and the good thing, if you think something really important is missing from the game, like let’s say, flying military jets, you can request the mod or search the community and you will most likely find it.
Of course the game doesn’t have the best Steam reviews as we type but I think it will improve, such a massive game cannot launch without bugs and issues and unfortunately, this one seems to have quite a few to sort it but I certainly believe they will fix most of them in the coming months.
Let us know in the comments what you think about this game if you decide to try it, don’t be shy.
What is Cities: Skylines 2 game about?
Cities: Skylines 2 is a city-building simulation game developed by Colossal Order and published by Paradox Interactive. It is a sequel to the 2015 game Cities: Skylines(which is one of the best strategy games) and was released on October 24, 2023, for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, GeForce Now, and Microsoft Windows.
In Cities: Skylines 2, players take on the role of mayor and are tasked with planning, building, and managing a city from the ground up. The game features a wide range of realistic city-building mechanics, including zoning for different types of residential, commercial, and industrial buildings, building and maintaining infrastructure such as roads, bridges, and utilities, managing transportation systems, and providing public services such as education, healthcare, and emergency services. Players must also balance the needs of their citizens, such as housing, jobs, and access to amenities, while also addressing challenges such as traffic congestion, pollution, and crime. Cities: Skylines 2 offers a sandbox mode with no set objectives, as well as a variety of scenarios with specific challenges and goals. The game also supports extensive modding, allowing players to create their own custom content and gameplay experiences.
Cities: Skyline 2 Features:
- Expanded Map and Themes: Build your city on massive maps up to five times larger than in the original Cities: Skylines. Choose from a variety of themes, including North American and European architectural styles, to customize your city’s unique look and feel.
- New Zones and Signature Buildings: Design your city with a diverse range of zones, from sprawling suburban neighborhoods to towering skyscrapers. Iconic signature buildings add prestige and unique benefits to your city’s districts.
- Enhanced City Services: Manage a comprehensive array of city services, including electricity, water, sewage, and public transportation. Each service has more nuanced and complex mechanics, allowing for deeper strategic planning and resource management.
- Dynamic Climates and Seasons: Experience the impact of realistic climates and seasons on your city. Build for different climates, adapt to changing weather conditions, and witness the beauty of seasonal transitions.
- Deepened Citizen Simulation: Citizens have individual life paths, affecting their needs, demands, and contributions to the city’s growth. Ensure their well-being, education, and healthcare to create a thriving and prosperous society.
- Advanced Traffic Management: Tackle traffic congestion with a variety of road types, intersection designs, and traffic management tools. Optimize traffic flow, implement public transportation options, and create a well-connected city.
- Extensive Modding Support: Unleash your creativity with a vast array of mods, assets, and scenarios created by the passionate Cities: Skylines community. Customize your gameplay experience, introduce new challenges, and share your creations with others.
Cities: Skylines 2 Gameplay Video
Cities: Skylines 2 Gameplay Screenshots
Cities: Skylines 2 PC Requirements
- Minimum OS: Windows 10 64-Bit or Windows 11 64-Bit
- CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K or AMD Ryzen 5 2600X or better
- RAM: 8 GB RAM or more
- HDD: 100 GB HD space(SSD highly recommended)
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 (4 GB) or AMD Radeon RX 480 (8 GB) or better
- Video Memory: 8GB or more
- DirectX: Requires DirectX 11 compatible system or better
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
If you want a more relaxing city building game, try LEGO Fortnite.