Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
Hello everyone, you can download VLC Media Player for Windows 11 and experience one of the most popular PC software and arguably the most popular and used media player right now.
Today we will highlight some reasons why we think you should give this iconic media player a try on your Windows PC today. By the way, VLC is an open-source software so you don’t have to worry about paying anything. It also doesn’t have any behavior tracking, spyware or ads, that is what they claim and I have been using it for years and I have to agree, I have never seen an ad or some annoying issues while using this software all these years. I have been using VLC media player for well over 10 years, probably longer and it is…my 2nd favorite media player, you didn’t expect that right? I actually prefer media player classic as my favorite but either way, all of my laptops always have VLC installed regardless if I use it as my primary or secondary media player software, it’s always installed. If you have never used it, I think you will love it, it’s a nicely build software that plays just about any media form you can think of and it can even stream links from files and much more, I have detailed some important features of what VLC can do. Let us know in the comments below what you think about this app if you decide to try it.
Table of Contents
Install VLC Media Player on Windows
What is VLC Media Player About?
VLC media player is an app or software that you can use to play your favorite multimedia files on Windows 11 and it is completely free because it is an open-source software backed up by various donors and supporters from across the world. VLC can also plays files, discs, device, streams and webcams.
- No spyware, No ads, No user tracking.
- VLC has the most complete feature-set over the video, subtitle synchronisation, video and audio filters.
- Input media including: UDP/RTP Unicast, UDP/RTP Multicast, HTTP / FTP, MMS, TCP/RTP Unicast, DCCP/RTP Unicast, File, DVD Video, Video CD / VCD, SVCD, Audio CD (no DTS-CD), DVB (Satellite, Digital TV, Cable TV), MPEG encoder, Video acquisition.
- Input Formats: MPEG (ES,PS,TS,PVA,MP3), AVI, ASF / WMV / WMA, MP4 / MOV / 3GP, OGG / OGM / Annodex, Matroska (MKV), Real, WAV (including DTS), Raw Audio: DTS, AAC, AC3/A52, Raw DV, FLAC, FLV (Flash), MXF, Nut, Standard MIDI / SMF, Creative Voice.
VLC Media Player Screenshots
VLC Media Player PC Requirements
- VLC runs on all versions of Windows, including Windows 7, Windows 10 & Windows 11.