How to limit your data usage in Windows 11
Hi there! In this guide, we’ll show you how to limit data usage in Windows 11 with a step-by-step tutorial. We’ve also included a video at the bottom of the page for those of you who prefer visual instructions. Please note that this method is effective for overall data usage, but it does not allow for limiting data usage on individual apps. We’ll be releasing another guide for that in the near future, so stay tuned.
To limit data usage in Windows 11, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app and go to “Network & Internet”.
- Click on “Data usage” on the top right side.
- In the drop-down menu next to the “Enter data limit” title, choose “Wi-Fi or Ethernet”.
- Click the “Enter Limit” button to set your data limit.
- Select a time period (Limit type), a monthly reset date/days till data expires, and a data limit in MB or GB.
- Click “Save” to apply your changes.