Best Microsoft Office Alternatives for Windows
Hello everyone, we have listed the best Microsoft Office alternative for Windows 11, before you go on to read them, I hope you are all having a wonderful Saturday morning so far. My day is going great and I am about to go for a light jog and when I mean light job, I mean light. A good 10 minute jog around my neighborhood should be enough to get me started lol anyway, please read on…
Today we will highlight the best Microsoft Office alternatives on Windows 11 and also for Windows 10 and Windows 7. You are probably asking, why do you need Microsoft Office replacement on Windows 10? I can give you at least 10 reasons off the top of my head but let me quickly summarize the main couple of reasons for you guys, let us begin.
Why you Need MS Office Alternatives on Windows
The simple reason why one might need to install apps and software that is like MS Office instead of the real thing is simple. Not everyone can afford it! That’s reason number one. Not all of us have money to buy Office 365 whether it be for our home use or business use, some of us simply are on a tight budget. The other reason is simple, not everyone likes MS Office. I personally love it and I have been using Office 365 subscription for the past couple of years for our work and it’s great but anyway, without further delay, here is your list of Microsoft Office alternatives apps. Enjoy.
Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides are productivity apps that let you create different kinds of online documents, work on them in real time with other people, and store them in your Google Drive online, all for free. You can access the documents, spreadsheets, and presentations you create from any computer, anywhere in the world. (There’s even some work you can do without an Internet connection!) This guide will give you a quick overview of the many things that you can do with Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
What Is Google Docs?
Google Docs is an online word processor that lets you create and format text documents and collaborate with other people in real time. Here’s what you can do with Google Docs:
- Upload a Word document and convert it to a Google document
- Add flair and formatting to your documents by adjusting margins, spacing, fonts, and colors — all that fun stuff
- Invite other people to collaborate on a document with you, giving them edit, comment or view access
- Collaborate online in real time and chat with other collaborators — right from inside the document
- View your document’s revision history and roll back to any previous version
- Download a Google document to your desktop as a Word, OpenOffice, RTF, PDF, HTML or zip file
- Translate a document to a different language
- Email your documents to other people as attachments
This is my personal favorite Microsoft Office alternative because it literally has everything MS Office has and also it works perfectly fine online or offline on Windows 10. What more can you ask for?
Google Docs Screenshot
LibreOffice is a powerful office suite; its clean interface and powerful tools let you unleash your creativity and grow your productivity. LibreOffice embeds several applications that make it the most powerful Free & Open Source Office suite on the market: Writer, the word processor, Calc, the spreadsheet application, Impress, the presentation engine, Draw, our drawing and flow charting application, Base, our database and database front-end, and Math for editing mathematics.
LibreOffice is compatible with many document formats such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher. But LibreOffice goes further by enabling you to use a modern open standard, the OpenDocument Format (ODF).
• Enterprise hardened through relentless independent testing
• Stable six-monthly release cycle of feature updates
• Backported key features from LibreOffice Vanilla
• Improved OOXML file support (.docx, .docm)
• Enterprise-wide: one Office suite common to your entire environment
• One app serving as a complete suite, does the work of six apps
• Includes advanced word processor, spreadsheet, and presentation software
• Reads and writes Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files (including OOXML)
Zoho is a cloud-based Office alternative that resembles Google Docs. Its tools include a word processor, a spreadsheet, and presentation builders, and the ability to add comments or input mathematical equations. Users have access to 5GB of free online storage, two-way desktop syncing, image uploading tools, and task management system. The service automatically saves documents and can export to DOCX, PDF, TXT, RTF, and HTML. Zoho also offers mobile apps for iOS and Android.
While customers can explore Zoho for personal use, the suite has additional functionality for businesses, and features tools for customer support, finance, and human resources.
Apache OpenOffice is free to download, use, and distribute. Download it now, and get:
- Writer a word processor you can use for anything from writing a quick letter to producing an entire book.
- Calc a powerful spreadsheet with all the tools you need to calculate, analyze, and present your data in numerical reports or sizzling graphics.
- Impress the fastest, most powerful way to create effective multimedia presentations.
- Draw lets you produce everything from simple diagrams to dynamic 3D illustrations.
- Base lets you manipulate databases seamlessly. Create and modify tables, forms, queries, and reports, all from within Apache OpenOffice.
- Math lets you create mathematical equations with a graphic user interface or by directly typing your formulas into the equation editor.
Why Apache OpenOffice?
Apache OpenOffice is synonymous with quality:
- The roots of Apache OpenOffice go back twenty years, creating a mature and powerful product
- Many millions of users
- Independent reviewers around the world have recommended the product
- With a fully open development process, Apache OpenOffice has nothing to hide – the product stands or falls on its reputation.
- The software looks and feels familiar and is instantly usable by anyone who has used a competitive product
- It’s easy to change to Apache OpenOffice – the software reads all major competitors’ files
- Few language barriers – if it’s not yet available in your language, the chances are it will be soon
- Apache OpenOffice is supported by a global community of friendly volunteers, happy to provide assistance to newcomers and advanced users alike.
Apache OpenOffice Screenshot
Nevron Writer is a modern text processor that delivers fast and robust document processing for a wide variety of text formats (TXT, RTF, DOCX and HTML). The main design goal of Nevron Writer is to provide you with an intuitive and comprehensive text model, which is very similar to HTML, but with extensions specific to text processing associated with printed media – header and footers, columns etc.
With Nevron Writer, editing experience goes way beyond the capabilities of any other text editor. Besides all of the regular features everybody is already familiar with (such as bold, italic, underlined text, text color and text highlight, tables, image import, links and so on), Nevron Writer introduces padding and margin option for a paragraph, or for a section of text.
Background colors of paragraphs and sections plus colors of borders and text can be anything from solid colors, to hatch, gradient or image filling with a custom level of transparency. And these are only some of the many advanced features Nevron Writer is offering.
Nevron Writer provides absolutely identical text writing and editing experience on Windows, Mac and online in your browser via Silverlight.
The Writer Online doesn’t require registration – anybody can create, open, edit and save documents absolutely free of charge and without any limitations or the need to disclose personal information.