Hello everyone, how are you all doing today? I hope you are all having a great week. I have been a little busy trying to fix my health the last 3-4 days and I am improving, I think. I am having some stomach issues and where I am currently, there is no pepto bismal where I am currently staying or rather, I don’t know the equivalent of such a product but if I am not completely fine by this weekend I will make a trip to the pharmacy and just buy anything that fixes stomach issues. I am trying to avoid going to the hospital at all costs lol, yeah am not the brightest of people, anyway, please read on…
Today we will focus on the biggest news from Microsoft since Windows 10 was released. I am talking about the Surface Book and wow it is amazing! I want one for Christmas, now! Before all of that, let’s find out what it is and what it does and if it’s actually worth your time and money.
Table of Contents
What Is A Microsoft Surface Book?
The Surface Book is a Windows 10 convertible laptop designed and produced by Microsoft. Unveiled on October 6, 2015, it is part of the Microsoft Surface family of devices. The Surface Book is distinguished primarily by the design of its keyboard dock, which features a “dynamic fulcrum hinge” that expands as it is folded open, as well as a secondary battery and GPU that are used while docked.
Surface Book Specs & Features
- Powerful laptopThe first full laptop has arrived in the Surface family. Surface Book is a powerful laptop with a full sized, backlit keyboard for fast and natural typing.
- Portable clipboardThe 13.5” PixelSense™ display detaches easily from the keyboard to become a thin, light tablet that works perfectly with OneNote and Surface Pen.
- Creative canvasTurn the screen around and reattach it to use Surface Book like a creative canvas. By reconnecting it to the keyboard, you unlock its full creative power in a pen first mode.
- Ultimate performance
Surface Book is built to be a creative workhorse. Combining a 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i5 or i7 processor with up to 16GB1 of memory and an optional discrete graphics chip.
- Graphic horsepowerWith an optional discrete graphics chip, Surface Book is built for even the most intensive creative tasks like photo and video editing.
- Serious creativityUse the multi-touch PixelSense™ screen and Surface Pen to create with all the desktop software you already use, like Adobe® Photoshop® and Illustrator.
- Mobile studioSurface Book is the creative professional’s laptop, designed to power through professional grade photo and video editing.
- Full list of features located here:https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/devices/surface-book
What Comes With A Surface Book?
- Surface Book
- Surface Pen
- Power supply
- Quick start guide
- Integrated keyboard
- Safety and warranty documents
12.30” x 9.14” x 0.51 – 0.90” (312.3mm x 232.1mm x 13.0 – 22.8mm)
Solid state drive (SSD) options: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB.
Physical buttons: Volume, Power
Starting at 3.34 pounds (1,516 grams) including keyboard
Screen: 13.5” PixelSense™ display
Resolution: 3000 x 2000 (267 PPI)
Aspect ratio: 3:2
Touch: 10 point multi-touch
Up to 12 hours of video playback4
6th Gen Intel® Core™ i5 or i7
i5: Intel® HD graphics 520
i5/i7: NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Processor
TPM chip for enterprise security
8GB or 16GB RAM
802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE
Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
Two full-size USB 3.0
Full-size SD™ card reader
Cameras, video, and audio
5.0MP front-facing camera
8.0MP rear-facing camera with autofocus, with 1080p HD video recording
Dual microphones, front and rear-facing
Front-facing stereo speakers with Dolby® audio
Ambient light sensor
1-year limited hardware warranty
How Much Does It Cost?
Microsoft Surface Book Images
We have more: Surface Book Pics
Today’s Popular Microsoft Article: Best Antivirus Software For Windows